10 Easy Energy Saving Tips
1. Use compact fluorescent light bulbs.
2. Air dry dishes instead of using your dishwasher’s drying cycle.
3. Turn off your computer and other home electronics when they are not in use. To make this easy, plug them into power strips and turn the power strip off when you do not need the electronic device.
4. Lower the thermostat on your hot water heater to 102 degrees Fahrenheit.
5. Take short showers instead of baths.
6. Wash only full loads of dishes and clothes.
7. Make sure that your fireplace damper is closed.
8. Make sure that your appliances and heating and cooling system are properly maintained. When is the last time you replaced your furnace filter?
9. Check for holes and cracks around walls, doors, lighting and plumbing fixtures.
10. Have your attic insulation checked to make sure that you have adequate insulation levels for your home and climate. For more information, please visit www.energysavers.gov.